The Director of Public Works is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the city cemeteries. Group leader, Robert Smith, oversees the day-to-day operation of the cemetery.
Cemetery rules are posted at the Main entry gate of Riverside Cemetery and below on this site. The cemetery is located just south of Attica on Perry Street/St. Xavier Road. There are three separate cemeteries: Riverside Cemetery which contains about 45 acres and two smaller cemeteries of about 3 acres each: the Jewish Cemetery and St. Francis Xavier Catholic Cemetery.
The city’s goal is to provide a beautiful resting place for our deceased loved ones, while at the same time, maintaining a reasonable cost for the operation of these facilities.
Rules and Regulations Governing Plantings and Decorations at Riverside Cemetery
As of January 1, 2011, the following rules and regulations will be in effect regarding decorations and plantings on or near memorial stones at the Riverside Cemetery.
- Existing plantings must be maintained such that they are no more than two feet (2′) in width and three feet (3′) in height.
- No new permanent plantings in ground as of August 1, 2000.
- With the exception of holidays as stated below, plants or decorations placed on the ground should be set on a concrete pad set flush to the ground as not to interfere with mowing and trimming. “heavy cement posts are recommended.” Other plants or decorations can be hung from metal hooks or other means to keep them above the ground.
- In addition to the aforementioned rules, there is to be nothing on the ground, including rocks, stones, or mulch.
- For a period of time, from one week before Memorial Day and through one week after Memorial Day, ground decorations will be allowed but must be removed at the end of the time period.
Christmas decorations and flowers may be placed one week before Thanksgiving until March 1st.
Failure to comply with the above rules will allow the City of Attica to remove the plantings, trees, shrubs, decorations or ornaments at their discretion.
|Open & Close||$400|
|Weekend Funeral||Additional $100|