Basics for R-1 Districts
Lot size required: 7200 sq. ft. or greater
Lot coverage with structures: 30% interior lot, 35% corner lot
Building height: maximum 35′
Garage or accessory building height: maximum 18′
Garage or accessory building setback: 3′ from side or rear line if it is more than 10 ft. from principal building, 5′ rear or side line if it is closer than 10 ft. from principal building.
Set back from front line: 25′ (or average setback as other homes in area)
Side yard set back: minimum 5′ (interior lot), minimum 15′ (corner lot)
Rear yard: minimum 15′
No fences or shrubs in front yard above 3′
Fences from front edge of house to rear yard may be 8′ high max.
There may be other information not listed here regarding these districts, please check with the building commissioner as some changes may have been made regarding certain areas.
- A garage or accessory building may be up to 18′ from the ground to the peak.
- The garage or accessory building may be built 3′ from the property line if it is further than 10; from the main building (house).
- If it is closer than 10′ from the house it must be 5′ from the property line.
- he garage or accessory building may be taller than 18′ but then must be placed 1′ further in for each 2′ over the maximum height. (Example: 4′ in for 20′ high building) maximum height is 25′ for any accessory building or garage.
- The garage may not be taller than the house.
There may be additional information not listed. Please consult with building commissioner.