- Property owner is to fill out the Sidewalk Replacement Program application and return it to the Attica City Clerk’s Office.
- If selected, property owner pays for half of the concrete and installation at the Clerk’s office before the work begins. The City Public Works department will remove the old sidewalk.
- A sidewalk section may not be split. If any portion of a section is on the adjoining property, the complete section will be replaced as if it were the applicants. The sidewalk program is intended to replace large lengths of sidewalks – not 1 or 2 five foot sections. The replacement of only one or two sections is more expensive due to minimum charges.
- Handicap accessible sidewalks will be installed at intersections where required. The cost for replacement of crosswalks and alleys will be paid for by the City under this program.
- The City of Attica will select a concrete contractor to do the sidewalk replacement work each year. The homeowner participating in this 50/50 will have to use the selected contractor.