Lt. Governor Suzanne Crouch and the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) awarded three communities funding for economic development initiatives through the Downtown Enhancement Grant (DEG) program. The grants total $27,056 with the communities providing a total local match amount of $58,570.
The city of Attica and the towns of Churubusco and Greentown will each receive grant funds ranging from $7,056 to $10,000 to improve the local quality of life, spur economic development and advance avenues for increasing private investment and employment in their downtown areas.
The City of Attica is awarded $10,000 for a community streetscape project. The community matched their request with $21,481.20 of local match. The lead applicant is Attica Main Street and partners include the City of Attica, Historic Landmarks of Fountain County, Inc., and Western Indiana Community Foundation. The project will include adding benches, planters, trash containers and bike racks throughout downtown to create a warmer, friendlier, and more inviting place to be. It is the hope that through these small projects the community will inspire more individuals to further utilize the downtown.
ATTICA MAIN STREET CALENDAR for 2018
- January 11 @ 10 AM and 25 @ 10 AM
- February 8 @ 10 AM and 22 @ 7 PM
- March 8 @ 10 AM and 22 @ 10 AM
- April 5 @ 10 AM and 19 @ 10 AM
- May 3 @ 7 PM and 17 @ 10 AM and 31 @ 10 AM
- June 14 @ 10 AM and 28 @ 10 AM
- July 12 @ 10 AM and 26 @ 7 PM
- August 9 @ 10 AM and 23 @ 10 AM
- September 6 @ 10 AM and 20 @ 10 AM
- October 4 @ 7 PM and 18 @ 10 AM
- November 1 @ 10 AM and 15 @ 10 AM and 29 @ 7 PM
- December 13 @ 10 PM