The Board of Works and Safety for the City of Attica met, pursuant to Public Notice, on Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021, at 5:00 P.M. in the City Council Room.
Present was Board Member, Andy Smart and Chris Gayler, also present, Mayor Duanne Roderick, Attorney Mallory Redlin and Clerk-Treasurer Joanne Broadwater.
Minutes from the previous meeting:
Gayler made a motion to approve the minutes from the January 19th, 2021 meeting, Smart seconded, all were in favor, the motion passed.
There were none.
Department Head Reports:
Director of Public Works, Eric Swank was not present.
Police Chief, Ed Durnil,
- Reported that Officer Lucas Miller took a position with the Warren County Sheriff’s Department.
- The department is the middle of the hiring process, they have 4 candidates.
Smart reported a citizen voiced concern that school children are walking on the street instead of the sidewalks due to the snow and the homeowners not cleaning off in front of their houses. Durnil asked that a message be put on the water bill reminding people to shovel their sidewalks.
Attica Fire Chief, Mike Little,
- Reported 3 individuals taken and passed their emergency medical responder class and test.
- The department is trying to purchase a pickup truck that can be turned into a brush truck out of Public Safety money.
Smart asked about the FD Ranger. Little reported that over a quarter of their runs are to the Badlands and they use the Ranger on all the Badland runs.
Building Commisioner, Jeff Pycke,
- Pycke reported an unsafe building order was issued on 804 S. Brady St.
- 607 N. Perry has not been looked at yet due to the snow.
The regular meeting was suspended to conduct Unsafe Building Order review hearing,
- 200 West St. – The owner is Mr. Coffing. The issue is the accumulation of junk on the property. Atty. Redlin asked Pycke if the property has been cleaned up to his standards, he responded in the affirmative. Pycke stated the foundation will remain on the property until the owner begind building on it this spring. Smart made a motion to release the unsafe building order, Gayler seconded, all were in favor, motion passed.
Smart reported he contacted Commissioner Shoemaker regarding the city taking ownership of the property and that there is an adjacent property owner that is wanting to develop his property but is concerned about the safety of the Beaver property.
The regular meeting was resumed.
Economic Development Director, Rod Bannon, was not present.
Smart made a motion to approve the utility credits, Gayler seconded, all were in favor, motion passed.
Disconnects were presented, Smart made a motion to approve claims, Gayler seconded. All were in favor and the motion passed.
There being no further business, Gayler made a motion to adjourn, Smart seconded, the meeting was adjourned. The next Board of Works meeting will be held on Tuesday February 16th, 2021 at 5:00pm, in person, in the City Council meeting room.