The Board of Works and Safety for the City of Attica met, pursuant to Public Notice, on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020, at 5:00 P.M. in the City Council Room.
Present was Board Member, Andy Smart and Chris Gayler, also present, Mayor Duane Roderick, Attorney Mallory Redlin, and Clerk-Treasurer Joanne Broadwater.
Minutes from the previous meeting:
Smart made a motion to approve the minutes from the October 20th, 2020 meeting, Gayler seconded, all were in favor, and the motion passed.
There were none.
Department Head Reports:
Director of Public Works, Eric Swank
- Provided an update on leaf vacuuming
- Provided an update on Park Ave. repairs
Police Chief, Ed Durnil was not in attendance
Attica Fire Chief, Mike Little,
- Reminder about the free smoke detectors to any Attica resident.
- Covid numbers are on the rise, Mike will be driving the Tahoe home on his days off so he can respond more quickly to calls and keep some volunteers from responding to potential Covid positive calls.
- The department applied for an SIA grant for an automatic CPR machine, they are waiting to hear if it is awarded to them.
- All the ISO testing is complete for the fire trucks.
- The department is stating a cadet program, trying to get younger kids involved in thr department. Currently there at 1 full time members.
Building Commissioner, Jeff Pycke,
- UBO for 206 W. Pike St.
The following UBO review hearings were held:
- Redlin provided an update on 204 W. Columbia. She stated the transfer paperwork is complete and she is waiting to speak with the property owner, but the transaction should be complete quickly.
- 113 W. Pike St. – John Smith reported that the building is down, but he still needs to move dirt to the property. He anticipates it will be complete in the next few days. This will be set for review the first of December.
- 200 West St. – Pycke reported that he spoke with the property owner and told him the property needs cleaned up. Pycke will make a list of what needs to be completed.
- 404 S. Perry St. – Pycke reported that the owners contacted him requesting specifics on what needs to be done, the owners asked Pycke to speak to the contractors, but they have not spoken yet. Redlin asked for a list of repairs for the UBO order, this will be reviewed at the first meeting in December.
Smart asked for an update on the Beaver property, Redlin did not have an update, but will check into it.
Economic Development Director, Rod Bannon, was not present.
Gayler made a motion to approve the utility credits, Smart responded, all were in favor, motion passed.
No one present.
The claims were presented by Mayor Roderick, Gayler made a motion to approve claims, Smart seconded. All were in favor and the motion passed.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned. The next Board of Works meeting will be held on Tuesday November;. 17th, 2020 at 5:00pm, in person, the City Council meeting room.
Smart made a motion to adjourn and Gayler 2nd, all were in favor, motion passed.