Meeting was called to order at 10:00 am.
- Lexxi introduced our intern, Reed Millikan. The hope is he will create a community data based as well as work on Spirit in the Park” event and the housing data collection.
- Duane stated we are 4 weeks into the housing study with Mitchell Marketing Analysts
- In regard to the First Friday Recap – Cindy mentioned the highlight for her was the painting party. The upcoming First Friday is next week. The consensus of the committee is to allow the interested businesses to conduct the event during the day as previously desired.
- OCRA regional conference was attended by Lexxi. Harrison Hills Golf Course is not in the Visit Indiana Golf.com – having the golf course take care of this is recommended for publicity.
- Lexxi suggested we skip the :Rock into Fall this year and focus on fewer events. The committee was in agreement.
- Cindy reported that securing September 14th for the “Spirit in the Park” event from 7-10 pm would be the best time slot. It was also proposed we have wristbands and food/drink tickets for efficient management of the event.
- For a recap on the June Twilight Music Series Cindy felt it went well. July 21st features Leadsmen and August 18th features 45RPM.
- Cindy is preparing a booth diagram for the Attica City Celebration. A Yankee Doodle Dandy costume contest has also been added.
- The Great Lakes Conference in South Bend is scheduled for August 19th-20th for those interested in attending.
- The Bi-County Community Read Update – Lexxi has requested $1000 from Warren County Community Foundation and $250 from the Veedersburg Revitalization Association. Lexxi requested the committee consider a $250 donation as well. The committee approved this request. There will be a meeting with all libraries on July 9th to coordinate the event. The kick off would be in September with a possible volunteer fair in October. Lexxi will look into a children’s book that could partner well with this event. Sarah will contact the AHS English teachers regarding the book read as well.
- Banners and Brackets Update – Donnie Alexander from Duke Energy will order the banner holders. Cindy checked out banners and costs. Approximate cost would be $3000 for the banners.
- The insurance representative, Courtney Blankenship joined the meeting today to discuss insurance for events not protected under the city. The cost is $725 through September.
- Lexxi suggested posting a “Wish List” of volunteer projects to be placed on the Attica website.
- We further discussed having Brandon Briles assist with daily event postings.
- There was a brief discussion on considering an “Alley Cat Walk” as well as continuing to develop ideas for a city walking loop.
- Joanne mentioned the app “Wizard Unite” which is already being played around Attica. She raised the question as to whether we couldn’t promote interesting points around our community in some way.
- Lexxi explained her work on getting donations pulled together for an expression swing in McDonald Park. Various ways of garnering funds were discussed.
- A discussion ensued about the needed repairs on the city pool and a potential splash pad. It was determined that a “Save the Pool” fundraising event is crucial to get in place.
Next meeting: July 11, 2019 @ 7:00 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.