Meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm.
- Committee was reminded to attend the Facade Grant Project meetings coming up on May 1st and June 10th at 6:00 pm.
- Lexxi informed the committee of two upcoming conferences.
- The Historic Preservation and Archaeology Survey has been completed by Lexxi.
- WHIN is launching a pilot of WHIN Ag Alliance to encourage and support the adoption of internet enabled technologies in order to reduce costs, increase efficiencies and optimize operations
- Lexxi submitted the grant to Tipmont REMC Operation round for $5,000 for Twilight Music Series. Their board meets the 3rd Monday of April to determine awards.
- After discussion the committee agreed to support a $375 ad in the Lafayette Citizens Band event booklet to promote our town activities.This will be a full page ad.
- The city read idea was discussed again. Lexxi is trying to get author, Melody Warnick to come and do a presentation on her book entitled, “ This is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place you Live”. Although it is expensive, the committee discussed linking with area libraries and the community foundation for funding and moving the project forward.
- Brent will be presenting the city’s strategic plan at the April 18th community meeting at Attica High School at 6:00. Those attending will be interested member of the community who represent various organizations.
- Cindy shared that she has been asked to be on the Newspaper Advisory Board and will attend the April 8th meeting.
- Brent reviewed the Facade Grant drawings with the committee.
- Lexxi reported that the “Lilly Scholars Give Back” project will be held on April 20th at 9:00 am at Shawnee Bottoms to help eradicate mustard which is an invasive species.
Meeting adjourned at 8:17 pm.
Next meeting: May 3, 2019 @ 7:00 pm