Meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm.
- Lexxi reported the Strategic Plan is submitted. For the FAcades Project the public hearings are now officially scheduled. The first hearing is scheduled for May 1st at 6:00 pm and the second hearing is scheduled for June 10th at 6:00 p.m. Attendance is encouraged.
- A suggestion has been made to have a promotional film of the city which would cost $250 and per Susan Stoll would come out of the city budget.
- Brent Mather is on board for presenting an update regarding Attica’s Strategic Plan and he plans to be at the April 4th meeting.
- Lexxi watched the Next Level Connections Grant webinar and didn’t feel the would be particularly significant for Attica.
- Lexxi also reported information about the Main Street Discussion Panel on Paid Staff and gave examples of other communities who are paying their staff and manners in which to find funds for such.
- Cindy Mason shared that she attending the WHIN meeting on March 14th. The planning grant was presented regarding water way plans. A number of people attended.
- Roger Duncan has asked the committee to consider an ad in the Lafayette Citizens Band program for their various performances. A full page ad is $375. We will have further discussion at our next meeting.
- Continued discussion regarding the Christmas lights and how to afford more decorations ensued. Cindy Mason suggested the city letter used in the past should go out with a list of projects that need funding. A suggestion was given about seeking various business or community sponsors for particular decorated sites.
- It was determined the same letter suggested above should also include requests to fund the banners/flowers for the new light posts. The committee needs to confirm with Ronnie Jean and the fire chief what type of brackets must be used and what the cost is likely to be.
- Susan reported that the bike racks have not been placed yet; she also suggested that a ribbon cutting ceremony take place once the placement is completed. Cindy suggested that Mr. Jenkins as a landscaper from Warren County might be able to coordinate a finished look for bike racks, benches, flowers, etc to produce a finished product.
- Susan Stoll reported on a recent book she has read entitled “This is Where You Belong”. Sarah Mattern suggested this could be a “city wide book read” for Attica.
- Cindy Mason showed the committee the new billboard that will go up at the intersection of Highway 41 and 28 sometime in April.
- The committee discussed the Twilight Music Series and potential band selections. The dates for the series are June 16, July 21, August 18, and Sept. 14 (Spirits in the Park).
Meeting adjourned at 8:11 pm.
Next meeting: April 4th @ 7:00 pm