Meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm.
- Lexxi Haddock discussed the Park Board’s plan for a round table discussion with various community entities begin asked to participate and describe their purpose, etc. – there is a Google Form or hard copy for participants to complete regarding their organization. The round table discussion will take place at Attica High School on April 18th at 6:00 pm.
- Members of this committee agreed to contact various individuals who could potentially complete the forms for their organization.
- Cindy Mason reported that Rotary will be conducting the annual Reality Fair to be held at the Beef House on April 17th. Eighth graders from Covington and Attica will participate.
- WHIN will be having a meeting next Thursday at the Warren County Extension Office to discuss enhancing tourism and community growth with a focus on the regional area.
- Lexxi Haddock reported recent discussion about “pop Up” events for the downtown area. Lisa Craft has suggested “First Fridays” for the downtown area beginning in June. There is concern that it see more foot traffic if it were an evening event.
- The committee discussed the Strategic Plan prepared by Kristy Jerrell. While on speaker phone with Kristy there was specific discussion about the future sustainability program. Recommendation is to create a loan improvement and set up an endowment. Kristy indicated the architect said there are 7 businesses committed to the Facade Grant.
- Cindy Mason spoke about the potential banners/flowers for the new light posts. Cindy offered the idea of putting matching posts down Highway 41 South with similar banner/flowers.
- Cindy Mason reported that Spirits in the Park (McDonald) will be September 14th. The band “Old 55” is likely to perform. The celebration would include wine tasting and a beer garden.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Next meeting: March 21st @ 7:00 pm