Meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm.
- Darlene DeHai and Bonnie Borst from the Attica First United Methodist Church presented their plans for a meditation garden on the side lot of the church. This project will involve Rotary and Master Gardeners and may potentially provide fresh produce for the community. Bobcat of Lafayette is preparing the equipment to develop the gardens without cost. Darlene was asking if the city could provide any monetary support. A question was raised as to whether the Cottrell garden could combine to provide produce.
- Cindy Mason shared the job description for the economic development director has been approved by the Economic Redevelopment Committee. The focus of this job will be to get new businesses in town. Duane Roderick indicated a proposal would be completed for a 501c4 status.
- Cindy also reported on the Food and Beverage Tax – H.B. 1402. It passed through the committee and was sent to the House where it passed. Now the bill moves to the Senate. Passage of this bill allows Attica to establish an ordinance. (1% on the dollar stays in Attica)
- Lexxi Haddock, Cindy Mason, and Susan Stoll went to a WHIN meeting at Ivy Tech. Today there was a meeting with Warren, Fountain, and Benton counties. The first round proposals for the planning grants are due February 25th. Sheri Hardman is applying for the ACSC for a community fitness center. Round 2 comes up in June or July which would be a better time to present a letter of intent. The emphasis is on regional planning.
- The Tippecanoe Arts Federation Grant is due March Ist. March 8th is the Art Federation celebration from 5:30-7: 30 pm.
- Cindy Mason and Lexxi Haddock were at a meeting with one business owner for the Facade Grant. Verbally nine business owners have agreed to support this. The grant encompasses the Perry Street business center and is a 20/80 match.
- The Main Street Strategic Plan is due February 28th. Kristy Jerrall put the plan together and wants it reviewed. It covers the years of 2017-2021. The committee set a meeting to review and update the plan on Tuesday evening, February 26th @ Robies @ 5:00 pm.
- Jake Mediate indicated there is a Heritage Days meeting on February 27th.
- The Park Planning meeting is Saturday, February 23rd @ 9:00 am.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:08 pm.
Next meeting: March 7th @ 7:00 pm