Attending: President Andy Smart, Brian Duncan, Michael Nicolas. Barbara Foster unable to attend.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 PM. Minutes of last meeting were read and approved.
- It was proposed, seconded and passed that future meetings of the Parks Board be convened at 5:00PM to make it easier for members of the public to attend.
- There was much discussion about a proposal to extend the Frisbee Golf course in Ravine Park from nine holes to eighteen, with three interested members of the public providing information and input in favor of doing so.
Andy mentioned that the requests he has heard for Frisbee Golf are second only to requests for Pickle Ball.
The members of the public said they would like to form an organization and league.
Andy met with the Lafayette organization president who felt it would be a tournament level course if extended into Arms Woods.
There was discussion about park visitor safety and not altering the natural areas of Arms Woods. Michael was particularly adamant that it not be laid out in such a way that the spring wild flower beds would not be intruded upon or trampled.
Information was provided that Eric McCabe and Dynamic Discs Design could design the course and provide all fixtures for $12,110 dollars. The City, volunteers, or others would have to provide installation labor and materials.
- There was discussion of pool staffing and management and correcting problems with the building.
- Brian proposed that there should be a holistic approach in dealing with Parks events, programs and facilities, that we should leverage those, that we should leverage the funds we have to those ends, and that we should come up with a five-year plan, to which the other board members agree.
- Andy said he would like to spend part of our budget on upgraded and new playground equipment.
- City Clerk Susan Stoll informed the Board, that as of September 30th, City Parks balance of cash was $34,483 and Parks non-reverting fund was $59,689.
The next Board meeting will be at 5:00 PM, Tuesday, November 13th.
Meeting adjourned at 6:15 PM.